Semester 1 2018 enrolments are now open!
Each ensemble provides a place where young and emerging artists can be creative and actively develop fundamental theatre making skills. Through theatre games and performance technique training, our artists develop, extend and strengthen fundamental skills in improvisation, voice, movement, character development, storytelling and theatre making in a variety of styles and structures.
The first few weeks of the workshop are spent discovering the skills the artists already have, the ideas they are interested in exploring, what they hope to achieve through the workshop and establishing a safe and respectful environment to work in. Every semester is uniquely programmed to meet the needs and wants of the artists involved. We ensure that they have the opportunity to creatively express themselves, allowing them to be the voice in their work.
Throughout the program, each ensemble works collaboratively with their tutor to create a short performance that implements the skills learnt. At the end of the semester family and friends are invited to C Block Theatre at Gorman Arts Centre, Braddon to watch these new theatre works.
Our FAQ page has helpful information to assist with all enrolments. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
- Our Gorman Arts Centre Workshops are run across a 15 week semester.
- We require our members to re-enrol for each new semester.
- Our popular classes are capped at 16 young artists and unfortunately we are unable to reserve places.
- We offer payment plans for most of our classes.
- All young artists enrolling in our workshops must be at least seven years old when classes commence.
- We strongly advise that all young artists move up into the appropriate ensemble for their age in order to challenge and further develop their performance skills.
- All enrolments require an enrolment form to be completed. If your young artist participated in a CYT workshop in 2016 we already have this form. For new CYT enrolments for 2017 please follow the prompts when enrolling and contact the CYT Office if you require assistance.
If you need to update any details, including change of emergency contacts or updates regarding medical conditions, allergies, diagnosed behavioural/cognitive conditions or any injuries, please contact the CYT Office firstname.lastname@example.org | 02 6248 5057.
7 – 9 Years Ensemble | 10 – 12 Years Ensemble | 13 – 15 Years Ensemble | 16 – 18 Years Ensemble